Friday, April 29, 2011

Awakening your Cards

Many tarot readers will know exactly what I am talking about when I say my cards seems tired, our not responsive, or muddled. Now there can be another cause for this brain drain, which is fatigue, dehydration and emotional upset. But if you are sure, you are attuned and ready to read and your cards are sluggish, I created a special ritual to wake them  up. Take your cards and put them  back in order again, in the order in which they came. For most decks, including the Rider-Waite Smith Deck, you will put them In order with The Magician first then all the majors and stop at the Fool. Then the rest of the suits will be Wands, Cups, Swords, Pentacles. Aces first through ten, then courts up to King.

That is the order in which they come and Arthur E. Waite lists them.

Then, put them either in a windowsill or outside under a Full Moon's Light. In the morning remove them , so they had a little sun too.

And your cards will be dancing. I also place a crystal on top usually a quartz, while they moon bathe under the magical light of Luna.

I have used smudging and every other cleaning technique and not to say they don't work, this method just works best for me. Try it. Leave a comment and let me know how yours feel.

I swear the next day, not only were the cards alive with energy, and details, the colors even seemed alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment